Monday, August 1, 2011

www.fitday.com & food and activity journaling

My naturopath has asked me to keep a detailed food journal.  I have to say, keeping a journal for her seriously makes me clean up my diet.  I am not going to send her a food journal that is full of crap food that no one should be eating, let alone someone with food allergies!  Summer has been a little hard on my diet.  I'm a stress eater, and it's been stressful.  As already blogged about!  But time to get serious.  Seriously.

Anyway, Lia suggested I use http://www.fitday.com/ to log my food.  I checked it out and it's awesome!  I am not only going to log my food, but also my activity.  It's a great tool to use if you are looking for lose a few.  And of course, as I have for my entire adult life, I am trying to lose a few.  Or maybe more than a few.  Whatever. 

Part of my personal happiness project is taking a look at what's keeping me from being happy.  If I spend 1/2 of my waking hours obsessing about my weight, how much weight I want to lose, how my clothes are fitting, whether outfits are making me look fat....anyone who knows me, knows the drill...how could I possibly be as happy as possible?  Right, I can't be as happy as possible with all of that going on in my head, all of the time.  I want to be happy.  And right now, the biggest impediment to my happiness is how I feel about myself, my weight, and my body image.  So time to get serious about changing it, not just for physical health, but for my mental/emotional health. 

I'm happy to say, that no matter what's been going on, I have maintained my running schedule.  While away over the weekend for lacrosse provinicials, Rick and I did our long run on the treadmills at the hotel.  And it felt great!  This morning's run, well, I did it, but it didn't feel all that great.  Actually I felt like crap, but I did it anyway.  It did feel good after I finished.  I didn't felt very good while I was stretching afterwards either.  No run tomorrow, so I'm going to take the dog for a long walk, followed up by a long yoga practice.  I need to get in more yoga, as well as the running.

Hoping all of my Canadian friends are enjoying the last day of the Civic holiday weekend.  It's a hot one, make sure to stay hydrated.  Words to live by.
Namaste.

No comments: