Thursday, August 18, 2011

time to move on?

I have been perusing new yoga classes.  I'm going to try out a new one tonight.  This lady offers classes in her barn.  Which sounds awesome, but may be an allergic nightmare for me.  She sounds very nice on the phone, a friend told me about her, she's new to teaching.  So we'll see.  I've also found another class to try in September, by another local yogini.  Again, we'll see.  While both options are quite inexpensive, I would prefer to have class with Sarah.  But I'm not sure Sarah will be having a session in Shelburne, and I really don't want to drive more than 15 minutes for a class.  My life involves too much driving to activities for my kids, I don't want to undo all the good of yoga class by driving too far after a wonderful savasana.

I have to say, while I know I need to find some classes, I have some funny feelings about moving on.  I really like Sarah's gentle way, and considerable knowledge.  It's a trust thing.  It's difficult to build that trust with new people.  However, home practice is not working out how I would like (too many interruptions!), and I need yoga!!  These are both Hatha classes, which will likely be fairly slow compared to Vinyasa.  And that's ok, just a little different.  We'll see how it goes.

I went for a midday run today, it's my 2 minute interval day, so I took Chase the wonderdog along.  She had a great time at first, running and sniffing.  But it was kind of warm, and right before my last interval, she decided she was heading home.  Except that there's a busy road to cross to get to our street from the track.  So I ran after her, and she did wait on me before she got to the road, but she made it very clear she was done running, and we were heading home.  She's been vegging out all afternoon since.  Note to self--only take Chase when it's cool out so she doesn't get too hot and head home.  Poor girl.  I guess being all black and covered in fur really makes the heat intolerable!

On another note, I have a big surprise for Rick when he gets home from work!  Blue Rodeo is playing at the Molson Amphitheatre in TO, and I got us tickets as an early birthday gift!  So instead of hanging out at home watching a movie on Saturday evening, we will be at Ontario Place, singing along to Jim and the boys!  He's ALWAYS wanted to see Blue Rodeo, and I am scoring big time good wifey points by getting tickets.  I'd love to see them too, but he's a huge fan.  When we saw Jim Cuddy at the theatre in Orangeville a few years ago, Rick wanted to follow him to see where his Orangeville house is.  I persuaded him to let the man and his family have privacy, and avoid a stalking charge at the same time.  Some of the best concerts we've ever been to have been at the amphitheatre.  The Tragically Hip, James Taylor, and hopefully now Blue Rodeo.  I can't wait!

I am institituting an early bedtime for the kidlets tonight.  2 nights of disturbed sleep because my kids are night owls is enough.  We are all going to bed at a decent time, and no exceptions!  I'm hoping after a good yoga practice and savasana this evening I'll sleep like a proverbial baby.  If not, look out tomorrow!

Namaste  (and stay tuned for how the new class/instructor works out!)

No comments: