Friday, August 26, 2011

back to school shopping....wish me luck

Since today is a no-work day for Rick, we are taking the dynamic teenage boy duo back to school shopping.  God help us.  As good are my intentions, these days typically end badly.  We spend way more $$ than we should/want on ridiculously priced trendy clothes and shoes, we argue over the practicality of "those" shoes, and overall I am deemed a mean, cheap, old hag.  Doesn't it just sound like soooooo much fun!? 

I am setting my intention for the day--calm.  Nice deep breaths, count to 10 (or 100 if that's what it takes) before speaking, and let them deal with the consequences of their choices.  Breath in, breath out.  Again.

I've taken my handful of supplements.  Including the adrenal support that is recommended for stress.  I have my super strength homeopathic remedy for stress in my purse, as well as my handy-dandy spray bottle of Rescue Remedy.  I had a big breakfast, so blood sugar lows shouldn't be a problem.  More breathing.

Did I mention I'm not getting in enough yoga?  I NEED to get to a regular class, and get in regular home practice.  My class I will have this year enjoyed classroom yoga when they were in grade 2, so we will be doing regular yoga for DPA.  Yoga should help with some of the running stiffness I've been experiencing.  And my still tight shoulder from the unfortunate waterslide incident (never go on a waterslide if you are over 40 and not a fan of rides....not good).  Tight hips from running.  But no IT band trouble, so the stretching/asana I'm doing right after a run is helping.  

I have a feeling that this evening would be a good evening for a long, slow practice.

Namaste. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the hardest time with my 11 year old this year. Well, it wasn't bad today at Old Navy but before today he wanted NOTHING to do with it. It was driving me batty! : ) I hope your school year goes beautifully.

Nicole said...

Why thank you! It didn't go too badly except that I spent way too much money on ridiculous trendy brand names. But that's just the age that the boys are at. Monday I'm taking my daughter who's going away to university. Now that is going to be expensive!