Wednesday, July 27, 2011

sunflower days

Golden Highlights

Today is going to be a sunflower kind of day.  I wasn't going to post today, but I really wanted to after I had a conversation with my girl Julie this morning.  And she loves sunflowers as much as I do.  I love the monarch nectaring on the sunflower.  It makes me happy.

Sunflowers must be the happiest looking flowers on God's green Earth.  They turn their beautiful faces to the sun everyday.  And who doesn't love yellow against the blue-sky backdrop of a mid-summer day?  When my faith is feeling tenuous, I just need to look at the sunflower to make it all better.  That would be something to remember instead of getting all wrapped up in myself.  But alas, I am only a frail human, and humans often forget these simple truths.

Julie has made the courageous move to be closer to her family in Virginia.  She has left behind 3 adult children, her friends and her career.  And for now her husband.  I am praying that John can soon join them, and that the US immigration situation moves quickly.  If you are of the praying kind, please pray for them too.  Julie and her whole family need those prayers now.  Especially "E",  their littlest boy.

I can honestly say I will miss Julie with all of my heart.  Thank God for facebook!  It is going to be the means to keep Julie and I in touch until we see each other again.  I know some people aren't fans of facebook, but when used to connect with those far away it is a Godsend.

I know you're reading this Julie.  I love you.  And I am wishing you a sunflower day too.

No comments: