Saturday, March 26, 2011

I love sunny Saturdays

Sunshine streaming in the studio windows was so wonderful at yoga this morning. Absolutely divine. I choose my spot closest to the windows, and with the morning sun shining, I felt great! It is a *brisk* day in Ontario, but the warmth of the sun is increasing every day. A truly joyful practice today, after a crap practice on Tuesday. I was exhausted on Tuesday, but with a good night's sleep, morning practice was just the thing today. It's funny how you feeling truly does affect your practice.



Interestingly, I had a dream last night about the lovely Sarah (yoga teacher extraordinaire) trying to develop a class at the gym I used to go to in Orangeville. I was rushing in to get a good spot, and had to stop to speak with Rob (the psycho trainer). I congratulated him on becoming the new manager of the gym (he is, I got an email a couple of weeks ago), and gave him a huge hug. It was an entirely too friendly hug, really nothing like the kind of relationship I have EVER had with him. Weird. And even though he shaves his head and is buff and pumped beyond belief, he was skinnier and had hair. Double weird.



When I told my son Jackson about the dream, his response was that I must be supposed to go back to Rob as my trainer, and start working with weights again. Now, I have been considering weight training again, I do miss it, and it does wonders for muscle definition and fat burning potential. I have really missed Rob and his workouts (ok, he kicks my ass, but he is funny and cruel at the same time!), but I don't want to go to O'ville to the gym. It doesn't fit very well in my life right now. But I do miss kickboxing especially. And I do miss Rob. What to do, what to do?! I don't want to undo all of the good joint loosening work I've done with yoga. I do want to kick up the fat burning. I don't however think there will be alot of hugging of Rob going on. And I still don't know what Rob being skinnier and with hair has to do with anything!

I'm looking forward to a nice long walk with the pup and hubs later on today. And the running clinic starts Wednesday. Hopefully I can work out how I'm going to get there, and get Seamus to basketball practice. There's always something :)

Have a wonderful sunny Saturday. I'm going to try to find the yoga in housework...
Namaste.

No comments: