Tuesday, March 15, 2011

aaahhhhhh, massage

I am pleased to share that I am having a much better day today. I have already done several loads of laundry, caught up on my favourite blogs and been for my much needed massage. Later on today I am headed to the dermatologist for the head-to-toe-mole-patrol, and maybe the thrift store afterwards. I've been checking out all of these simple/handmade/thrift type blogs, and have realized that I miss my hobby of fixing up older furniture with groovy designs and paint colours. I used to spend hours doing it when the kids were little, I was really poor, and unemployed.

I'm also very excited to have some new red fabric to recover our upholstered dining room chairs. They've been around since the boys were little, and gross doesn't even begin to describe the state of the fabric that's on them. The bonus of buying fabric at IKEA? It was cheap and if I get tired of red, or they get too grungy, I won't feel bad about getting rid of it, and trying something else.

This beautiful sunny, mild weather has me thinking about getting outside to run again. Chase clearly needs some runs, and I love running outside! I know I won't get to it today, but tomorrow morning, that's my plan. I am heading to yoga this evening, and I don't want to be all stiff and tight from running either. I need to get all stretched out and loose again. And I have missed my Tuesday evening fix sooooo much!

Interestingly, my joints and vertebrae are all popping and adjusting since my massage. Lisa loosened me up enough that everything is working its way back to the right spot. Apparently, your shoulders are NOT supposed to be shrugged up around your ears?! Who knew?

Got to run, the Mom taxi service is being called upon...
Have a wonderful, peaceful, March Break day!

No comments: