Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I am overwhelmed!

Okay, how is it that I keep doing this to myself???  This week is insanely busy, and I started a new course on top of it all.  Of course, running is the thing I haven't been able to fit in, the very thing that would help me to save my sanity!  And I'm writing a blog post at 6:45 a.m. instead of working on something because...well, I like writing blog posts.

Today is my hubby's birthday.  Happy birthday Rick!  I wish we could celebrate together.  We did have a nice lunch on Sunday (he had to cook it) and the kids and I gave him his gift.  Running stuff.  Go figure :)

But the whole reason that my week is nuts and I can't celebrate my hubby's birthday with him is the return of the dastardly afternoon shift.  After hubs being on days all summer, this is a serious shock to my somewhat delicate system (delicate like a goat's system is delicate).  I am it for getting kids to and from various places this week.  Wednesday is a wonderful example of my week--I need to be at the board office for a workshop (network, network, network...), at a basketball practice in Orangeville with Shimmy, picking up Jackson from a volleyball game (I should go to the game, but that's obviously not happening) and at a town meeting about a waste something-or-other company that my township is trying to sneak into my backyard.  So, um, I'm still trying to work it out.  We'll see, maybe I'll master cloning myself by then.  Or maybe I just won't be able to do some of it.

So you can see how it would be difficult to fit in a run.  Last night was no better, tonight is busy (but at least it's a massage and yoga).  Maybe Thursday a run will work.  Friday I'm going to go get Jess at school, because on Saturday we're having a b-day party with family for Rick.  Maybe I should start actually getting out of bed at 3:30 when I wake up instead of laying there trying to go back to sleep and obsessing about everything. 

Maybe I should skip sleeping completely.  Which would actually give me more time to figure out how to parent teenagers, and do some assignments, finish writing IEPs (very important legal documents for students for those non-teachers who for some insane reason are reading my blog), and actually do some planning for school instead of planning day to day.

I have decided to not run in the Run for a Cure on Sunday.  I will do a long run around my town, and then buckle down to get some of my work done.  Maybe I'll be able to fit in church.  A nice plus  if you're a churchgoer (I'm trying to be).

I'm trying to remember to breathe.  Breathe deeply.  Let some of it go.  I'm trying, I honestly am.  I'll let you know when I master it.

Wishing all of you a much more calm and sane week than I have going on. 

No comments: