Sunday, September 18, 2011

Terry Fox Run & mood

I am feeling much better.  Due in part I`m sure to spending some quality time with my family at my beautiful sister-in-law`s parents` 50th anniversary party last night.  Have I mentioned that my s-i-l is much more like a sister, than a sister through marriage.  I am lucky.  My brother has wonderful taste and chose another sister for me very well.  And my darling nephews were just that.  Darling.  Fisher and River celebrated their Nana and Poppa`s anniversary in the cutest little khakis, navy sports jackets and striped ties.  And my other nephew Kai was there to whoop it up with his cousins.  Complete with a pair of Blundstone boots--my fav boots in the whole world.  Rick and I danced to some old-timey country music, enjoyed our nephews cutting a rug and watched our parents' generation dancing--they dance so well! 

And then today we ran in the Terry Fox Run with Team Running Free.  I ran 7k and feel great!  Sore hip and lower back feel much better after running, and spirits feel great after running for a great cause with a great group of people.  I am honoured to run with our friend Lisa who has fought breast cancer, and even though she`s still undergoing "stuff", runs with a smile on her face and a positive outlook that is completely inspiring.

I'm not sure what has been going on with me lately.  Like I said, moon phase, middle age or just the changing seasons.  But I do know that days like today make it easier and move me from morose introspection to a sunnier happier outlook.  Thank you endorphins, family and Terry Fox.  I am grateful.

I am the coordinator for the school Terry Fox Run on Friday.  Fingers and toes crossed for the beautiful weather we enjoyed today for our run.  I am looking forward to running with the kids.  And sunshine would be icing on the cake.  

Now I must quit procrastinating and do the pile of marking that I have been dodging for the past week.  I'm going to sit on the deck, drink a Bud Light with lime and mark away.

Wishing everyone a sunny, happy Sunday afternoon.

No comments: