Wednesday, October 12, 2011

legs of...lead?

I am whupped.  Yes, whupped.  I ran tonight, only a short/easy run.  It was like running on legs of lead.  Soooooo heavy.  Every step was heavy and kind of painful.  But this is likely because of a vigorous yoga practice last night, in which I really stretched my legs.  And the huge (for me anyway) number of kms I logged last week.  I ran about 20 km in total, and walked (good pace, no strolling) about another 15 km.  I'm finding it difficult to get enough runs in, and I try to make them count when I can.  Tonight was purely because I felt I had to.  It was raining, so I was in the basement (my sons are slobs!!  Sorry guys, but that basement is a sty) on the treadmill.  Even watching tv didn't help.

I realize that I'm trying to cram too much into my life.  Everything is a race.  Writing IEPs, planning for students, working on my course (which is not exactly enjoyable, I don't like my online classmates as much as the last Spec Ed course I took...another story entirely), trying to fit in some family time and some yoga.  It seems neverending.  But I will survive.  That's what I do best.

So I am off to bed.  For a much needed sleep.  I will rub a little Traumeel on my calves, take my Gaba and crawl into my bed.

Night.

No comments: