Thursday, August 16, 2012

random ramblings....

I've been enjoying the peace of the first morning I didn't have to be somewhere this week.  Nice!  Drinking coffee, chat on fb with Julie, reading blogs.  Found another design blog that I love, quirky stuff, just how I like it.  Also clicked on another blog only to have flipping music start playing.  I need to remember to turn the sound on the laptop off while surfing blogland, I know lots of people love it, but I am not a fan of music playing on blogs.  It's usually some happy music that kind of makes me gag.  Not very nice, but there it is. 

I've been reading a few blogs in which the writer has concerns about offending someone.  And deciding to not worry so much about it.  As  you can see above, that doesn't concern me so much.  I don't wish to offend, but really, if you don't like the way I write, then don't read my blog.  I'm not making anyone read it, right?  And I don't think I'm very controversial anyway.  I'm just me in all my outspoken glory :)

In other news, it's been a very busy week.  Not the way I wanted to spend my last week of relative freedom before heading back to school.  But it is what it is.  I'm just glad to get to take it easy this morning and only go to an appointment later this afternoon.  Which brings me to Dr. Adam and his office of pain (kidding!  It feels great after).  I've been working on healing my back, which is supposed to be the cause of all my hip problems.  Guess what?!  It's not all my back (I knew it!).  I actually have something wrong with my psoas too.  It was all I could do not to say I told you so to him when I was there last week.  But since he was working very hard to make it feel better, I restrained myself.  He broke a sweat.  I'm going again today, and he's going to work on it again.  My personal favourite?  The part where he puts a strap around his torso and around my leg (he looked like he might die of embarrassment when he asked me to adjust it so that it was as close to my hip joint as possible, after almost touching my crotch trying to adjust it.....maybe it was my smirk? lol), and then pulls my thigh bone slightly out of joint to relieve the pressure.  That's when he broke a sweat.  He had to work very hard.  And although I was skeptical at first, it did relieve the pressure and felt fantastic.  I had my doubts.  But although it's disheartening in that it's been almost a year that's it's really been giving me trouble, it's heartening in that if it's not L1 and L2, then I will be able to go to yoga!!!  And do forward folds!  Not just the half-assed practice I've been trying to do (admittedly, very sporadically).  I will still need to be careful (no plough pose!), but I gives me hope.  The best my stupid hip has ever felt is when I was going to vinyasa 2x a week for a year.  I'm going to try to build up to 2 vinyasa practices a week, with some restorative and gentle hatha in between for good measure.  Happiness!

On the chelation/thyroid front, things seem to be improving.  But I've started having hot flashes.  Big time.  Which tells me my hormones are adjusting to something, maybe my estrogen dominance is finally fading?  I don't know for sure, but I do know that I feel like ripping off all of my clothes and running naked through a sprinkler or jumping into Georgian Bay once or twice a day.  Definitely something to consult with my ND about.  It could be that my thyroid is swinging to overactive--something that happens with Hashimoto's.  The logical part of me knows that's not healthy either, but it would be nice to drop the weight that having an underactive thyroid has caused to creep on.  The human hormonal body is a precarious thing!

The other big news in my life is that the course I was going to take in France next summer is being offered in London instead.  And I have no desire to go to England.  In the least.  Very disappointing, so much so I couldn't even write about it.  It would seem that every time I'm planning a summer (or part thereof) in France it falls through.  All through no fault of my own.  It's just not meant to be.  So I'm now considering taking said course during the school year and spending the trip money on a trip with my family.  Like to Nova Scotia or my personal favourite, PEI.  Or maybe I should just spend it on a saltwater pool in my backyard.  Or a trailer.  We'll see.  But I won't be in Europe :(  However I work it, it will require some juggling of my work life to take the course.  Which is required for work.  Quite a coincidence, wouldn't you say?  I have to request the time from the director of education, in order to miss work.  Which I was totally willing to do to go to France, but not so much to do it here in Ontario.  What a dilemma!

Time for me to get my butt in gear and actually do something other than write or play on the computer.  I have a few house projects planned (not necessarily for today), and I really need to clean my closet.  I have to be able to find my nice work clothes for next week.  Have I mentioned I'm not ready for summer to be over?  Or to dress like a professional grown-up and not a professional beach/yoga bum?  I'm trying to figure out a way to wear yoga pants to work everyday and still look like a vice-principal.  I haven't worked it out yet, but if there's a way, I will find it.  I'll keep you posted :)  In the meantime, I guess professional clothes it is.

No comments: