Saturday, January 14, 2012

yoga and a run?! Bliss....

Vinyasa yoga last night and a (albeit) short run this morning?  Bliss is the word.  Running has been on the backburner, still trying to heal that darned ilipsoas thingy up.  But Sarah is having a session in O'ville on Friday evenings, which works well for me.  I felt so great this a.m. that I thought I'd go for a treadmill run too.  And it was a bit painful, but not where I thought it would be.  It will get better.  Back at it baby!

After run breakfast?  A smoothie made from:  3/4c mixed frozen berries, 2 Tbsp (heaping) ground flax, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1/2c soy yogurt, 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder mixed in water, splash of almond milk, 2 big handfuls of baby spinach and about 1 & 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil.  Blender.  Yummy.  I've been reading about coconut oil helping with blood sugar stabilizing and weight loss, coupled with my need to ingest healthy fats so I thought I'd try.  I also want to get more greens into my diet.  Smoothie is a fantastic way to get both.

Trying very hard to practice gratitude every day.  It's an uphill battle some days.  But I'm getting there.

Amazing how much better one feels when eating well, eliminating allergenic and inflammatory foods and taking all of the supplements recommended by the ND.  And having a much needed B12 + immune shot.  And a massage.  Makes for a pretty good week!  No wheat is proving to be fairly easy, when eating well  I'm not a big wheat eater anyway.  Biggest plus?  Absolutely no dairy.  Constant throat clearing is going away.  Mucous be gone!

Setting a new intention for the upcoming week.  Instead of vague "move every day" resolution, setting clock for 5 o'clock and getting up and moving.  Running, yoga, weights, Jillian Michaels dvd, it doesn't really matter, as long as I'm moving.  I will feel the better for it.  Even if 5 comes too soon some mornings.  Truthfully, I'm awake anyway by about 4:30, enough dreaming (obsessing?!) about the day.  Jumpstart the day!

Another plus?  Sarah is offering a drop-in, pay what you can vinyasa class at a cafe in O'ville on Tuesday evenings.  I can go the weeks hubs is on days and I'm not on b-ball duty with Shim.  2 days of yoga class a week?  Divine!

The real upside of all of this positivity?  My too snug pants and tops will once again fit comfortably.  How do I keep getting myself into this mess?  Not moving.  Not eating well.  I'm done with that.  For reals.

Weekend blessings!

No comments: