Friday, December 23, 2011

the wait is almost over...

The last day of school is here--finally!  The kids are nuts, the staff even more so!  You can absolutely feel the excitement in the air, and Santa even made a visit to our assembly this morning.

The excitement at home is nearing fever pitch.  The family is heading for our very first vacation to the south for Christmas!  We are getting up at 4 in the morning to hit the road for Baltimore, where we board the ship Christmas at about lunch time.  The dog is going to Grandma and Grandpa's house (*sniff* I miss her already) and "The Boyfriend" of Jess is going to look after the house and the kitties and caged critters.  It's so exciting, yet kind of scary!  We've never done this before and as always if I can't plan it, it makes me nervous.  But I'm sure it will be a fabulous vacay!  Florida and Bahamas here we come!

I do miss the trappings of traditional Christmas though, and I'm already looking forward to next year.  I may be a Christmas-aholic.

Wishing everyone a fantastic Christmas, filled with blessings and love.   

No comments: