Sunday, July 1, 2012

June whirlwind

My goodness, I can't believe the whirlwind that was June!  I have not read a blog or written in weeks.  And here's why:  I was promoted.  I am now an elementary vice-principal!  It`s so exciting, yet overwhelming.  I`m leaving teaching behind, and moving into the office.  The learning curve is huge, and exciting, and nerve-wracking and thrilling.  You can see the emotional rollercoaster I`ve been on.  Part of my promotion means moving to a different school.  So I have packed up my stuff, given alot away, and said goodbye to students and friends.  The past week has been very trying emotionally.  I have never had so much trouble saying goodbye to a school.  I have fabulous friends whom I won`t be seeing everyday anymore.  :(

It seems like as soon as I was told about my promotion, the emails for next year started.  I`ve been doing 2 jobs at once, which has significantly reduced my free time for blogging.  Not complaining, just an observation.  I also wrapped up my last Spec Ed course.  All time consuming.  Throw in report card writing and you`ve got the overwork trifecta!

And just for a change, Monday I`m starting my principal`s qualifications course.  It`s in Newmarket and Aurora, which is about an hour and fifteen minutes away.  So the next 2 weeks will be busy commuting, and doing homework.  It has to be done, but it will mean not much blogging or beach time!  It`s all good.....  If it gets to be too much, I may stay there for a night or two.  I'll see how it goes.

I`ve also found the perfect antidote to autoimmune weight gain--stress!  I`m not eating much, because my stomach hurts or I`m too busy, or I'm just not hungry.  I`m not running or doing yoga (back is getting better, just no time!), or watching what I eat, and I`m shrinking.  Which is ok, except not overly healthy.  It will all even out.  And next year, I won`t have any trouble, the school is 2 stories and between running up and downstairs and no time to eat, I won`t exactly be gaining.

I also will be doing chelation to reduce the heavy metal toxicity load in my body, which is the likely root cause for my friend, Hashi.  Oral chelation, so at least I`m not trying to fit visits to the lovely Tara into my crazy life.  Gluten is a piece of the puzzle, hopefully chelation will fill in the rest of the pieces and I will feel better.  But having said that, I`m also wondering if my immune system is starting to swing the other way, and cause other symptoms (like weight loss, hyperactivity).  From everything I`ve read, that`s pretty typical too.  We shall see.

I highly recommend my new chiro/sports therapist for anyone in my area who is in need.  He's awesome (and extremely easy on the eyes!).  My back and hip are sooooooo much better!  He's given me the go ahead to start doing 1 and 1 running intervals, which I will do as soon as the next 2 weeks are over.  Can't see it happening before then.  Adam is one smart cookie. 

There you have it in a nutshell.  I didn't fall off of the face of the earth, just caught up in the whirlwind.  Tornado, more like :) 

Happy Canada Day, by the way, to all of my Canadian friends.  Especially my friend Julie, who is in Virginia.  Miss you J! 

Hope you all enjoy the fireworks :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you more! We're setting off fireworks and firecrackers at our new house tonight!

Anonymous said...

Miss you more! We're having fireworks and firecrackers at our new house tonight!

cargillwitch said...

congratulations on the move up! a new challenge can be a time to reflect on other areas of your life you wish to re-work. Scary to shift out of our comfort zone but long term our lives seems more authentic!

Only in Louisiana ~ documenting the adventures we call Life! said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news! So glad your life is moving in great directions! Good things come to good people....

Unknown said...

Good luck with the chelation. I'll be doing that in the future assuming the testing reveals a need. My ND wants to get my leaky gut healed first, which will take a while. Apparently chelation can be tough on someone with a leaky gut. Let us know how it all goes. Congrats on the promotion!

Nicole said...

Thank you!
@Autoimmune girl--been healing a leaky gut for a couple of years, time to deal with the mercury & lead toxicity!

Started with DMSA this morning, kind of upsets the tummy, but not too badly. I do have some supplements I need to pick up today to replace the other things that will also be elimated--anything with ionic charge can be eliminated, and thus needs to be replaced.