Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beach baby....

I love the beach.  And I have spent the past couple of days at 2 different beautiful beaches.  Yesterday we went to Sauble Beach.  Beautiful, beautiful long expanse of sand and clean water.  Sheer bliss.  And the water was warm.  The day before we were at the beach in Meaford.  Some rocks, not as busy, all in all, my favourite local beach.  It's on Georgian Bay, and the bay is usually ridiculously cold.  However, with the extremely hot weather hot weather we've been having, it was amazingly warm.  Warm enough for a wimp like me to spend time playing in the water!

On the weekend we were at my parents trailer on Stokes Bay.  They put in a bunkhouse, an adorable little place to sleep.  I slept until 8 o'clock each morning.  The perfect antidote to a stressful couple of months.  On Sunday we went into Tobermory, which is absolutely one of my favourite places on earth.  We wandered, visited the shops, checked out the beautiful & very expensive boats (millions of $$$!) and kiddo got a gooey pb and Reese's beavertail.  A Canadian specialty decadence.  I satisfied my sweet tooth with a visit to the Sweet Shoppe (I normally abhor the cuteness of "shoppe", but given the amazing Fiery Cashew brittle, I will forgive them), and a taste of maple fudge.

While at the trailer, we also went out for a post-supper boat ride.  Beautiful!  The water was as warm as bath water, and I delighted in trailing my hand over the side.  Water as smooth as glass.  We went around some of the little islands, marvelled at how low the water is this year (drought in this part of Ontario), and enjoyed the evening breeze on my face.  I can't think of a nicer way to spend an evening!

Today a day at home, hanging out, maybe renting a movie or two.  Catching up on laundry and doing some minor tidying.  Nothing major.  I don't want to break my blissfulness with housework.  It will wait.
I hope everyone is enjoying summer as much as I am.  Canadian summer is fleeting and deserves to be treasured.  Before you know it, we will be shivering and complaining about the snow.



The sunset over Lake Huron, taken from the boat as we headed back into Stokes Bay.  Sorry it's a little pixelated, best I can do with my blackberry!



No comments: