Saturday, October 27, 2012

blogging is a funny thing

Blogging is a funny thing.  My blog has evolved and isn't at all what it started out to be.  And I'm ok with that.  As it turns out, I need something completely different than what I thought I needed.  But I'm not going to change the name.  I am too lazy.

Through my blog I've made friends with people, people with whom I would have never otherwise connected.      People who share similar interests to me, very diverse interests.  I read the blogs of others, and am inspired and touched.  And amused.  I love when I get an email from someone who found me/my blog because of a comment I've left on someone's blog.  I love that there are people in this world that get me.  And all of my quirkiness.

The big thing about blogging is that it completely emphasizes what a small world we really live in.  And that there are kindred spirits out there.  The world is really like a village.  A huge village in which we take care of each other.  I love that.  And I love that somehow we ended up connected to each other.

For my peeps who follow/read my blog regularly, part deux of the man in underwear story.....this week I had  students come to me upset that a football had been kicked "accidentally" over the fence into a neighbouring yard.  I'm sure my face was priceless.  My office staff immediately started giggling.  I bravely went to see what yard the ball was in, and to retrieve said ball.  Fate decided to smile kindly on me that day--it was a different yard.  No second man in underwear experience.  Luck!  Of course, this time one of the students involved was a boy from grade 8 who is at least six foot three.  I took him with me this time.  I have learned a lesson.  Always take a witness.  Preferably a really big one.  Of course news travels fast.  Before I had a chance to even get back to my office, the custodian (very nice man) offered to go the next time, especially if it was underwear man's yard.  He was laughing so hard I thought he might cough up a lung when he said it.  I'm glad I have so much authority with my staff.  *insert head shaking*  I love my job.  And the people that I am lucky enough to work with--even if they laugh at me :)

In sadder news, my yoga teacher is moving back to Toronto.  I was really looking forward to regular practice with her.  My hip is finally better!  Several pain-free weeks!  I have to find another good fit.  While I'm thrilled and excited for Sarah and this new chapter in her life, I'm disappointed for me.  I guess I'll try Buddha Rider in Collingwood, but I'd like to find something a little closer to home.  There are a few studios, I'm thinking it might look like several different studios, with several different kinds of practice.  What I really need is a group of like minded people who will practice with me on a flexible kind of basis.  Who's in?

It's a cold, wet fall day here in Ontario.  Following an extremely dry summer, my sensible side is telling me it's great that we've had so much wet weather that I'm growing webbing between my toes, and sprouting gills.  The other side is craving sunshine.  CRAVING!  And I don't mean on a school day so I can't get out and enjoy it.  *sigh*  I'm feeling a little like the Cargillwitch's hens.  Not enough light, and a serious egg shortage.  Of course the egg shortage is just perimenopause.

On that note, have a fantastic fall day.  A good day to catch up on my paperwork.

2 comments:

Tina@thriftingwithcake.blogspot.com said...

I hear ya on the egg shortage! lol.

I enjoy that the guy is now called "underwear man" and thank YOU for making me laugh again!

I have met so many cool peeps in blogland and a few I'd call friends. It is enjoyable and interesting to see who you connect with, who gets your quirks and I've even made friends with people that I'd never think I'd have anything in common with..yet I DO. Who knew?

My blog has also fleshed into something I wasn't planning. I really thought it would be all about design and interiors and before and after shots and..it's not. I guess I'm more interested in posting about my loved ones and all things random.

And of course: CAKE. That will never change!

Have a great Saturday!

Eco Yogini said...

i know! I was so surprised when i found more connection through blogging from people as far away as australia. it's pretty nifty!

i know this is weird, but i love the fall... although we've had quite a few sunshine-y days this week :)