Friday, September 14, 2012

life is great!

School week #2 down.  TGIF!  Love the job, just need some sleep.  I have solved the world's problems from about 2:00 am to 5:30 am EVERY DAY, when it's time to get up.  I need to sleep tonight.  But even given the serious lack of sleep, life is FANTASTIC!  Clean bill of health at dermatologist (take that melanoma!  Ha!), Vit C iv at the naturopath (my arms are a mess of bruises and whatnot, it wasn't a good vein day :$) and some therapy on my hip yesterday.  Dr. Hotty (no, that's not his real name.  He would be mortified.  But this is the freedom that being over 40 gives one...*insert smirk*) has said I can do any activity I please and is actually encouraging running.  Not the guarded, "well, I guess" I've had all along.  And I'm going back to yoga.  So excited.

Having said all that, I have to say I'm enjoying the best part of my week yet--2nd glass of sauvignon blanc, DVR of last night's Big Brother, and the promise of an early night.  Does it get any better?  Well, it would be better if my hubs wasn't on afternoons, but whatevs.  Two solid weeks of days coming up.  Gotta love it!

Now having said all of these glowing things (I know, I'm not usually so sunshiny.  And no, it's not just the wine!), life continues to have its challenges, including not seeing hubs for 2 weeks at a time.  That is not cool.  But I determined to have a more positive life outlook, and here it is.  Enjoy!  

1 comment:

Tina@thriftingwithcake.blogspot.com said...

Good for you!

I also have solved many an issue between the hours of 3am and 6am when I cannot sleep no matter what I do. Arrgh! I never am all that interested in my problem solving skillz at those hours anyway..but desperate for slumber.

You probably have..but just in case..do you try melatonin and sleepy time tea? Generally works until hormones screw it all up.

So happy you're loving your job. Missing the hubs is no fun. I have that experience when Brad works 6 night shifts in a row..no fun.

Glad for your clean bill of health AND the possible promise of severe dance in your future!

Gotcha!

Have a great weekend!