Thursday, November 17, 2011

Injuries bite

Remember that slightly strained hip flexor I was complaining about?  It's still got me sidelined.  It's a week today.  I am not impressed.  And I believe it is actually an iliopsoas injury.  You know how I first injured it and have had trouble ever since?  I sneezed when I was pregnant.  With Jess.  Who is now 19 & 1/2 years old.  That's a long time to keep having a recurring injury.

I think I really strained it this time.  Usually a couple days rest and I'm good to go again.  Never a week!  I'm trying so hard to be patient, I really am.  But I'm itching to get my running shoes on.  I'm thinking I'm going to be very set back in my running.  Not as worried about yoga.  But, I will wait, all in the name of healing.

It serves me right, I guess.  I need to learn not to push.  It's ok.

And in typical fashion, I am getting a cold on the day of parent-teacher interviews.  It's like a tradition.  At least I'm getting a two-fer.  I have to rest and not run anyway, hopefully the worst of the cold will be over by the time I'm ready to run again.

Tomorrow we get a half day off, because we work this evening.  I do believe I'm going to call the naturopath and see if I can get my B12, immune booster and a vitamin C iv tomorrow afternoon.  And maybe a manicure.  Because there's no way I'm wasting a precious 1/2 day off!

And maybe, just maybe, I'll call and make an appointment with a physiotherapist.  I would love to kick this injury once and for all!

Happy Thursday.  Learn from my mistakes--listen to your body!

No comments: