Wednesday, May 5, 2010

slump

It's official. I am admitting I am in a slump. Life keeps getting in the way and I'm not having much luck overcoming it.

I know I'll feel great when I go, it's just getting there that's the issue. I haven't worked out in almost 2 weeks. And I feel yucky because of it. I was planning to go to Rob's kickboxing class tonight, but ended up at school later than I wanted to and without any energy to get there by the time I left.

I am promising myself, I AM GOING tomorrow. Right after school. It's no good not practising what you preach and some people likely think I preach alot. I need to get better at writing "gym" in my calendar and going every time I have it written down. I'm giving up my time and not taking care of myself and it needs to end. I was looking at a woman today (I won't mention any names to protect the innocent), and I realized how repulsed I am by obesity and lack of fitness. I remember all too well how it feels to be really overweight and I refuse to go back. I realize how shallow that sounds, but being overweight is not only really unattractive in my eyes, but the significant health risks that go along with it are just not a road I'm willing to go down.

So there. I may be shallow and vain, but I am healthy and I intend to stay that way. I think any of my friends who are reading this probably agree...why else would you be reading my fitmom blog?!

Hope no one is too offended. The woman I was looking at is not on my friend list--just in case anyone out there is afraid I'm talking about them! I would never do that--to someone I consider a friend!

Oh yeah--I need to cut out sugar. It tastes great, but it's not helping with the slump and lack of energy and it's so not worth it.

Happy exercising to everyone who isn't sharing a slump with me :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

And you can all tell when I'm not being too great on the food front--no food diary. That means I'm too embarassed to admit the crap I've been eating!