Monday, May 10, 2010

The Slump is Over!

I'm happy to say that the slump is over! I went to the gym tonight and had a terrific workout. A little hard going at times--after 2 weeks! But I pushed through and I feel great. That coupled with a good day food wise, good stuff. And it's about time, my weekend of frivolity following 2 weeks of inactivity has made me gain about 4 pounds. 4 pounds that I'm going to blast off in the next week or so. Tomorrow morning I'm starting Rob the Psycho Trainer's homework regime again. Not really looking forward to it, but it does work. A little pain is good for the soul, right? Someone said, "Pain is a sign of weakness leaving the body." It was likely a personal trainer who came up with that one!

Food journal
Breakfast-1/2 banana, 1/2 c ffree yogurt, scoop of chocolate protein powder & water--yummy smoothie!
Lunch-salad with 5 oz turkey, 1 Tbsp low-fat dressing
Snack-1/2 c ffree yogurt, apple
Dinner-chicken breast, 3/4c pasta with pesto, a smallish piece of leftover Mother's Day pie (1 little slip, not bad for the first day of being conscientious in weeks!)

Tomorrow, no slip-ups and all of my fitness homework, walk/run with Chase after school.

Fit feels great!

No comments: