Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jasmine

Yesterday was a sad day at our house. Our beautiful almost seventeen year old kitty Jasmine had to be put to sleep. She was my daughter's cat, a little orange fluffball, named Jasmine after the Aladdin character. Because that's what four year old little girls do.

We've had her since Jess was four and Jackson was nine months. We had her longer than we had Seamus. She will be missed.

She's not the first pet I've had to make the hardest decision for, and she won't be the last. But I swear that when you love pets the way I do, a little piece of my soul never recovers. Other animal lovers will understand exactly what I mean.

For first time in many years we are a two pet family. One dog, one cat. It's weird.

And now we heal. Today will be a better day.

2 comments:

cargillwitch said...

so very, very sorry Nicole. I am an animal lover as well- some of the hardest things I have ever had to do were put down family pets. My daughters show mare " Morganna " was perhaps the most painful. Our 16 year old beagle "Sam" is barried just outside by the lilac bushes .

Tina@thriftingwithcake.blogspot.com said...

I am so sorry.

I know the feeling of losing a pet and feeling like you've lost a chunk of your soul. When I lost my cat in 2003, it took me a long time to recover.

Sending you love and healing- and prayers for Jasmine. Xo