Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

I have to say, this is a strange Easter chez Bolyea.  Seamus is in Scotland for a high school rugby trip.  It's weird when your chicks aren't all home for at least part of a holiday weekend.  And I'm sick, to boot.  Just a bad cold, but irritating for someone who NEVER gets colds (thank you Dr Tara!).  I'm chalking it up to a combination of spring allergies, walking with cold wind on my face (sinus pain!) and a year's worth of stress making the perfect conditions for a spring cold.

I feel like I haven't written in sooooo long.  But I did, I just didn't press the publish button.  I mean really, who wants to read a mess of stress and woes?!  It has been an extremely challenging year personally and professionally.  It's a school year I will be glad to see the back of--not because of the people, just because of circumstances.  I am tired.   A week in beautiful Cuba did a world of good, but alas a week's worth of holiday bliss is easily undone once reality sets in again.  I'm just incredibly grateful to have had a holiday.

I know it's just the situation, but I feel stuck.  In many ways.  There aren't enough hours in a day or week, and when I find the hours I'm so done I can't get motivated to accomplish anything.  It will pass, I know it will, but it's not a great feeling, that huge wall I feel like I'm looking up at.  How depressing is that?!  If this is what I write when I'm feeling in a better place mentally....ugh!!

On a much more positive note, when in Cuba (my new favourite place on the planet), we went on a catamaran trip and got to interact with a dolphin.  Beautiful memory.  Pepe's skin was so smooth, such an amazing creature.  I've decided that I'd like to become a dolphin trainer (maybe in my next life...).  Bucket list item.  So in that vein, I've decided to finally take riding lessons this summer and indulge in another bucket list item.  I started asking my parents for a horse when I was four years old.  I never did get that horse, but I did make sure my kids all know how to ride.  Now it's my turn.  Life is short, and it's important to do things you've always wanted to do--sooner rather than later.  I don't think I can keep a horse in my backyard, but you never know ;)

Also on the list:  more running, more yoga and more time in nature.  That includes ocean, sun and sand.

Spring is the time for new beginnings.  I'm taking it to heart.  It's time to let the "stuff" go and fix what's wrong in my world.

Namaste and Happy Easter xxoo

No comments: