Friday, December 27, 2013

Looking forward

Another Christmas has come and gone.  Filled with joy and excitement, love and giving.  I love the traditions that my family has, and the creation of new ones.  Like the questionable Christmas sweater that I received from my sister-in-law...we'll see who gets it next year.  Whenever there's a joke gift involved, I seem to be in some way connected, either as the giver or receiver.  

The days between Christmas and New Year's always prompts me to look inwards.  Did I accomplish my goals of the past year?  What intentions will I set for the year to come?  As always I don't feel that I've accomplished the resolutions for the past year.  I never feel that I do.  So I am going to just set one intention for 2014.  Balance.  I talk about it a lot, but never achieve it.  I can't expect to feel well and whole if I don't find balance though.  And with every passing year, I feel more need to be balanced.  Work and play.  There needs to be a balance.  I find myself perpetually feeling like I'm on a never ending treadmill that is just going way too fast.  That harried feeling isn't healthy.  For anyone.  So I'm looking to achieve balance.

Balance means incorporating yoga, exercise, as well an outlet for my creative side.  I'm thinking about finding some art classes, or cardmaking, or something like that.  I love to knit and crochet, but my shoulder and wrist don't like it (ouch!).  I need to find something to work on that will allow me to empty my mind of the other things.  I also need to spend time in nature.  Not a fan of winter, but I need to find something to do that will allow me to get outside and drink it in.  I function better when I spend time enjoying the glory of nature.  

As I write this, I feel like I'm just rewriting a previous post or ten.  Definitely a sign that I'm not doing what my soul craves.  Listening to my soul would be a good start....

Whatever your intention or resolution for 2014, I wish you a happy and prosperous year.  Prosperity in the things beyond material prosperity.  For those are what are what is really important.  

No comments: