Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

As 2010 is drawing to a close, I'm contemplating my goals that have not come to fruition. But, I have been on my way. So with that in mind, I'm resetting my goals for 2011. I refuse to call them resolutions, you know how long those typically last!

My goals:

1. Finish reaching my goal weight. This shouldn't be too difficult once I'm totally back on my allergen-free diet....sadly, Bailey's is not on my "good" list.
2. Finally run that 5k race--probably for Breast Cancer, but if I get my butt in gear, maybe I'll actually get in more than one.
3. Try-a-tri. Seriously. I can do the swim, now only to train for the run and the bike.
4. Further my yoga practice. Yoga has given me so much in only a few months, I look forward to increasing and deepening my practice in 2011. On the off chance Sarah is reading this--Sarah you rock and I love you!
5. Start lifting weights again. My shoulder has recovered from the tragic knitting injury of the summer of 2010 (thanks to yoga and regular massage), it's time to start lifting again. The best way to boost metabolism and keep aging at bay. No stooped shoulders and osteoporosis for this chicky!
6. Keeping the newly found balance in my life. This is my most serious and necessary goal for 2011 and luckily, the previous 5 goals will help me to achieve this one. With balance comes happiness and fulfillment--need I say more?

I've realized that my, ahem, "fervor" may make others feel uncomfortable, and that I'm sitting in judgement of their choices. To all of my friends, I want you to know that I do not judge, I've been where many of you are on your journey, and my journey is still that, a journey. My deepest wish is to be an inspiration, a helper, a friend you can count on. I would love to workout with anyone--I need partner motivation too! I would not expect anyone to be in the same spot on their path, but I'm always open to "parallel" working out (I steal this from child development--parallel play), and prodding and encouraging each other. If you're interested let me know :)

With all of that said, Happy New Year my friends and hopefully new readers and followers. I welcome your comments. I'm enjoying my last night before getting back on the treadmill (figuratively and literally!), enjoy yours.

See you at the gym, or the pool, or at yoga!

Namaste!

No comments: